Project Manager, Public PolicyOpen AI
San Francisco, California, United States — Communications, Public Policy
Salary: 130000 - 180000 USD / year
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Mid-level
Location: San Francisco, California, United States — Communications, Public Policy
About the Team
Public Policy at OpenAI is responsible for engaging with governments, regulators, civil society, non-profits, and other key stakeholders about who we are, what we’re doing, and why it matters. We also work with other internal teams to study and craft internal company policies, execute strategically important projects, and respond to worldwide public policy developments.
About the Role
As a core member of the small team directly supporting Head of Public Policy Anna Makanju, you will help track and support the public policy team’s projects, from scoping to execution. You’ll make sure public policy is working in close collaboration with other OpenAI teams and with partner organizations. You’ll help identify internal and external resources needed, clear blockers, and manage timelines. You’ll also help define workflows and processes for this team as it grows and evolves, working closely with colleagues to manage a diverse range of public policy projects.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with team leads to scope goals, resources and timelines for a wide range of public policy projects
- Support the small team working directly with VP of Public Policy on meetings, project management, developing partnerships and more
- Facilitate stakeholder input to key documents that will represent the company’s positions on various public policy issues
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Are an expert at scoping and managing projects from launch to completion
- Are highly organized and process-oriented
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing and editing experience
- Care deeply about technology, people and communities, and share our commitment to OpenAI’s unique mission
- Are innately curious and enjoy teaching yourself new skills
- Are comfortable working at a fast pace in a fast changing environment
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
The annual salary range for this role is $130,000 – $180,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
Posted on: 2 days ago