Last updated 08-03-2023
CodiumAI supports Python, JS, and TS, and can tackle big and complicated code. It generates non-trivial tests (and trivial, too!) that help you understand how your code behaves and find edge cases and suspicious behaviors. It also provides explanations of the tests generated, so you can avoid false positives and improve your code's functionality.
CodiumAI is free for individual developers and offers flexible deployments and self-hosting options for enterprises. You can get CodiumAI by subscribing on their website or by installing their extension for your favorite IDE.
- Generates meaningful tests that help you understand how your code behaves
- Finds edge casesand suspicious behaviors
- Empowers you to write code that functions the way you meant it
- Beyond code completion and generation tools, TestGPT helps you improve your code's integrity
1) Why don’t I just ask ChatGPT/Copilot to write my tests? How is CodiumAI different?
Unlike general-purpose code completion or generation tools, CodiumAI is focuses on code integrity: generating tests that help you understand how your code behaves, finding edge cases and suspicious behaviors, and making your code more robust. CodiumAI is not another fancy ‘Language-model-API in your IDE’, because - a. We’re pro at testing-domain prompting b. We parallelize and chain multiple prompts to create a unique variety of meaningful tests c. We efficiently gather broad code context for the prompts d. We let you interact on each test separately.
2) When will I be able to start using CodiumAI? Is it free?
You already can! Just download our free VSCode extension and/or JetBrains plugin and get meaningful tests. CodiumAI is free for individual developers, and we even plan to publish an open-source. In the future, we'll launch a paid plan for enterprises.
3) What languages are supported?